Thursday, December 09, 2004

I want to know what the worst Christmas present you ever received was...

For me the worst gift I ever received was from the owner of the car dealership I worked for when I was 20 years old. I won't say who it was, to protect them, but I'll never forget the gift because it was awful.

It was a mushroom growing kit! The owner's wife actually wrapped a huge box of fertilizer with mushroom seeds in it and gave it to all of us that worked there. Aside from it being an awful gift, I hate mushrooms! Needless to say, I never forgot the gift, and today I think it's hilarious!

Tell me about a gift you received that took the cake!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rodney Olsen said...

I guess that shows two things.

1. It all depends on your perspective. (I would love to grow fresh mushrooms. Mmmm.)

2. We should think about the person we're giving a gift to. Obviously the guy's wife loved mushrooms but that doesn't mean that everyone does.

December 9, 2004 at 4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The rumor had it that she got a 'deal' on it. So everyone in the office got the box of dirt! :)

December 9, 2004 at 5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home