Friday, November 05, 2004

The Lessons of Cancer

Yesterday was the second year anniversary of my mothers death to cancer. And as I thought about the lessons I've learned and how much cancer is a part of our world and society, I just had to pray again and ask for the Lord's will to be done in the lives of those who get this deadly disease.

It was also reported that dear Elizabeth Edwards has been diagnosed with breast cancer. Please keep her in your prayers. Chief Justice William Rehnquist currently also has thyroid cancer. Please pray for him.

I also recently sent out a prayer request for Norm Wright's wife Joyce who has cancer. Please remember her in prayer.

Our friend Greyseekers mom has cancer too and is having surgery on Monday. Please remember both of them in prayer.

So we know that anyone can get cancer. Unfortunately we live in a sin sick fallen world and no one really knows how we get cancer. But I believe with all of my heart that God cares and sees everyone who is struggling with this disease. Sometimes He chooses to heal and other times He allows death. In my mom's case, it was death. But I have the security of knowing she is now with Christ in the heavenlies.

And if I had to share one lesson of cancer and how loved ones can deal with the devastation of dealing with it, I would say, share your heart and allow others to walk with you through it. I had a wonderful list of prayer partners through my E-Involved list and also a dear friend in Janet Parshall who encouraged me behind the scenes even though she was extremely busy. I'll never forget that and I still have all the email I received from everyone during that time.

Recently my friend Paul, posted this at the American Family Association blog. I pray it touches those of you who are going through this hard struggle right now.

Cancer is so limited.
It cannot cripple love.
It cannot shatter hope.
It cannot corrode faith.
It cannot eat away peace.
It cannot destroy confidence.
It cannot kill friendship.
It cannot shut out memories.
It cannot silence courage.
It cannot invade the soul.
It cannot reduce eternal life.
It cannot quench the spirit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home