Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Is Earning a Masters Degree Really An Accomplishment?

You might think the title of this post is a silly question, but today as I was talking to a dear one, this issue came up. This person happens to have her Masters degree and I'm only a few months away from completing my degree in Clinical Psychology.

However, the question still remains - is earning a higher degree really an accomplishment?

For me, I see it as a way to only do what I believe the Lord has called me to do - counsel.

For others, it's a drive, a challenge, a mission.

Others have to do it because they feel inadequate and desire big letters after their name so that they feel important.

What do you think? Do you think going to college and earning a Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree is a big deal?

I'm curious so let me hear your voice.

1 Comments:

Blogger Greyseeker said...

Oh dear God, you're getting a Master's in Clinical Psychology? That's SOO Rich.... We are doomed if you can get one. What university? I can't imagine any of this, it's boggling..

November 4, 2004 at 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home