Monday, October 18, 2004

A Few Thoughts on the Mayday for Marriage Rally

The Mayday for Marriage Rally that was held on Friday was a great experience. It was the first time that I had been to DC for a rally like this and I have to tell you it was exciting.

First I was interviewed by the Washington Post, but unfortunately they didn't print what I had to say. ( I don't think I was inflammatory enough)

I met people from all over the United States. Some were wearing the red Mayday for Marriage shirts, and everyone was positive and upbeat.

The speakers were all great but unfortunately I didn't get many pictures because I got more video. Hopefully I will have some video up in the near future.

Anne Graham Lotz, daughter of Billy Graham was awesome. She preached the gospel message of salvation powerfully and graciously. Rabbi Daniel Lapin was also moving. At one point he almost started to cry because of his passion for this issue and how Jews and Christians need to stand together on the issue.

Tony Perkins, who I later got the blessing of meeting back the the Family Research Council, did a great job hosting the event. He made a few jokes about our prayer lives as it started to pour at one point.

Dr. Ken Hutcherson gave a great ending speech and had the crowd on her feet. (Actually we were already on our feet, but you know what I mean)

I didn't see any homosexual activists at the rally and if they were any, they were too small to count. Accept for the rain, I think the event went off beautifully.

Some of the papers estimated the crowd at about 170,000 so that means that there were probably over 200,000 or a quarter of a million of us there. Not bad considering the short time in putting together the event and the cost of going to the event.

All in all, I believe the Lord was pleased. I think the Capitol bigwigs heard our cry for morality and what is right in God's eyes and I hope that they will remember in November that we are watching them.

This was not an anti-gay rally as most of the liberal press made it out to be. There was no gay bashing at all. In fact, just about every speaker mentioned how much God loves everyone, including those trapped in the sin of homosexuality.

My hope and prayer is that someone received Christ that day and every day.


1 Comments:

Blogger rocky johnson said...

Yes, somehow that term "anti-gay" has become the journalist's way to describe any event that touches on gay issues from the non-gay activist perspective.

October 20, 2004 at 2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home