Friday, October 22, 2004

Ballroom Dancing for me...

Yup, you read that title right. I'm going ballroom dancing this weekend.

Now in order to understand why this is funny I have to tell you that I am not a fan of dancing. Probably because I can't really dance.

But since I love my husband, over the past 12 years he's been wanting me to learn to ballroom dance. So for years - literally - we've been trying to find a ballroom dancing class that we can go to. Well, it finally happened and we signed up.

However, the dance gods were on my side because last week when the class started we were in DC and Virginia, so we couldn't go to the first class. (I was crushed!)

Well, this week is the second week of the class and guess what? My husband can't go! Can you believe that - HE can't go, because he has to work.

So guess what - I get to go to this class all by myself.

Does anyone else think this is funny? I sure do. I only signed up because I love my man and was going to learn to dance with him. But he won't be there.

So I can see it now - tomorrow I'll walk into this class and I'll be the only one without a partner. So I'll probably get stuck with the teacher. Which means that I'll be in front of the class and everyone will see how awful I dance.

But because I'll be with the teacher, no one will dare pick on me because the teacher could fail them. (just kidding)

So this should be good!

I should admit though that my husband did try to drop us from the class, but it was too late. So rather than bite over a hundred bucks, I'm going to learn to dance.

I'll let you know how it goes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rodney Olsen said...

I wish I could dance but coordination has never been a strong point for me.

My wife is a reasonable dancer but it's not something I've ever been able to do.

October 24, 2004 at 5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home