Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Bad Girls of the Bible

Today I thought I'd share something with you that I started studying in my personal bible study time. There is a great book called Bad Girls of the Bible and it is written by Liz Curtis Higgs.

Liz is a great communicator and author. I've heard her tell stories on a number of occasions and you can't help but love this lady of the Lord. She's great!

The idea behind this book is that we can learn lessons from the women in the Bible who messed up. (Can you relate to that! I sure can!)

The first chapter is on Eve, whom Liz lovingly calls "Evie" . She sets up the chapter wonderfully as she describes Evie's relationship with Adam Mann. (How can you not smile at that!)

But aside from the book Liz has written, she also wrote a companion workbook and I have to tell you that it's really pretty good. Normally I don't get much out of written bible studies, but this is actually pretty good.

Today's lesson, on Evie, focused on the first 2 mistakes Evie made.

1. Getting involved in a conversation with Satan that evil serpent. (Whom she calls Devlin in the book)

2. Then adding to God's commandment to not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

She asks this great question and I would love your response. Please read Genesis 3:1-5 first before you answer.

Have you ever walked into that kind of trap, either doubting God's word in your own heart or feeling ill equipped when your face to face with someone else who does? Describe the situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home