Saturday, October 02, 2004

21 Years Old in Christ Today

Twenty one years ago today I was baptized in Christ. My sins were forgiven and my spiritual life began. Wow!

This morning when I was getting ready to go to my workshop I just reflected upon how great God was to deliver me from the mess I was raised in. And I was just filled with so much gratitude because my eternal destination is secured and I know I'm on my way to heaven. What a great thought!

But I remember the day I was baptized 21 years ago. My mom decided to get married for the 3rd time to a guy almost 20 years older than her, and she did by going to Vegas and leaving me to get baptized without her presence.

It's still amazing to me sometimes when I think about how a parent so hostile to God really didn't want me in church. Most sane parents would want their kid to go to church, but not mine. Amazing.

But one thing I've learned over these years on my spiritual journey is that God is faithful and is truly a loving parent to those of us who had very broken and abusive parents. He really is and for that I'm eternally thankful.

I also remember being baptized and how when I got into the water it was freezing....but then I went under and it got really warm. It was day I'll never forget as long as I live.

What a great thing to know your sins are forgiven, you've been given a clean conscience and your eternal destiny is sealed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home