Saturday, September 04, 2004

What Do You Read in Your Spare Time?

It's the weekend, and I finally went and spent a $50 gift certificate I got at Christmas time. I bought books - yeah, there's a shock huh! In fact, I thought I'd share with you what I bought and a few other books I've been reading and recommend. Then you can share with me what you're reading!

Hugh Hewitt's book - If It's Not Close They Can't Cheat: Crushing the Democrats in Every Election and Why Your Life Depends on It

So far what I've read has been great - especially the chapter on blogging and being reminded that you aren't going to be thanked for your good service.

Total Truth: Liberating Christianity from Its Cultural Captivity : Liberating Christianity from It's Cultural Captivity by Nancy Pearcey

This is a deep thinkers read, and I love these types of books because they are rich in knowledge, perspective and cultural value. And Nancy Pearcey is a great author who hasn't gotten the fame she deserves yet.

The 9/11 Commission Report: Final Report of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States by National Commission on Terrorist Attacks

I've heard so much about this that I thought I'd read it.

Christian Jihad: Two Former Muslims Look at the Crusades and Killing in the Name of Christ by Ergun Mehmet Caner, Emir Fethi Caner

I have listened to numerous interviews with the Caner brothers and finally decided to break down and get one of their books. I'm glad I did because this is EXCELLENT! If you're interested in seeing Christian history that isn't necessarily favorable and also offers a view of a just war, this is a great book to get.

The Gay Agenda: It's Dividing The Family, The Church, And A Nation by Ronnie W. Floyd

I finished this book a few weeks ago, and even though there wasn't anything new for me in it, mainly because I follow this agenda, it's a great primer for someone who doesn't know anything about it. And it's a quick read.

It Will Never Happen to Me by Claudia Black

This is assigned reading for my Alcohol/Abuse Class and it's pretty good. If you're interested in addiction and how it impacts you and those around you, this is a good book to buy.

A Mind at a Time by Mel Levine

This is also assigned reading for my Human Development class. I haven't read any of it yet.

From Image to Likeness: The Christian Journey into God by William A. Simpson

Believe it or not, this is also assigned reading for my Human Development class. And I haven't read any of it yet. However, when I do, I'll let you know what I think.

And of course, I always take time to read the Bible. Ultimately if I could only have one book - that would be it. :)

© Stacy L. Harp, 2004

6 Comments:

Blogger bill naka said...

You have a great blog here! I will be sure to book mark you. I have a spencer gift site. It pretty much covers spencer gift related stuff. Check it out if you get time :-)

October 10, 2005 at 12:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you could find Classes for a multitude of subjects on your area , like find classes and they could be found by visiting find classes

October 17, 2005 at 2:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm new to blogging and I like you're one

I have a **christmas gift website** great gift website. It offers loads of great christmas gifts such as name a star, become a lord, pamper gifts, personalised gifts, all types of gadgets, gifts fo him and gifts for her

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

October 19, 2005 at 11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a christmas gift site/blog. It pretty much covers gift ideas for christmas related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

October 23, 2005 at 7:32 PM  
Blogger Texas Seo Expert said...

Nice Blog.. Check out my valentine gifts website featuring ideas for all holidays and special occasions.

November 3, 2005 at 8:51 PM  
Blogger Build Page Rank said...

Finding an SEO expert is really hard to do. There are many self proclaimed who sound very convincing. What I have found out is the best SEO experts are the individual who work at their own sites using 3 main techniques: 1. Finding a way to add fresh content to their site on a daily basis. 2. Using SEO friendly forums or shopping carts to make your site huge 3. Link building. One way links, traded links and 3 way linking on SEO friendly sites. There are tools available now that allow people to do these on their own. Thanks! SEO Expert

January 27, 2006 at 2:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home