Thursday, September 02, 2004

A Plus is a D- - -Customer Service that Sucks

Customer Service, oh you have to love the incompetence of people! I'm going to vent now...

For the last year I've been using an Internet host provider called A-Plus, because it was recommended by a friend. To their credit, my website has actually stayed up and remained online. That's the good news.

The bad news however is that when I decided to pay for them to host an email list for me ($3 a month) their service sucked! I can't tell you the number of times I had to call these people and get them to figure out what was going on with their service...uh, maybe about a thousand! I'm telling you their service sucked and wasn't worth three dollars a month.

So I figured I'd give them some time, because there were these rare occasions that my email list would actually work. Then the nightmare started all over again. My mail didn't go through, they would tell me it's because my list was too big - or it was my Outlook settings, - or it was something else.

In a word these people pretty much had their heads up their you know what!

So about two weeks ago I decided that I had had it with these people and I called and spoke to their normal annoying customer service representative who can't speak English to save his life. I told him I wanted to renew my domain name and cancel my list. And this morning I got two emails from this lousy company telling me that I needed to renew!

So I called them a little annoyed and told them I had already talked to their incompetent customer service representative and renewed my account two weeks ago. And of course, my list wasn't cancelled either - so again, I told them, I already talked to your incompetent customer service representative and emailed your incompetent company and told you to cancel my service....and would you believe the person on the other end of the phone actually heard me!

Miracles never cease....

However, I am really ticked off at these people because there is nothing more annoying then a company that bills itself as "A Plus" and their service is D- - - - - - -, and that's being generous.

So why am I telling you this, well it's because I hope and pray that you never use their company. A Plus is not worth a dime of your money. The people are incompetent and have no idea what they are doing and there's a reason why it's so inexpensive to host through them. DO NOT USE THEM EVER!

And maybe it's because I've spent a number of years working in customer service and I realize how to handle people, but someone desperately needs to help these people. However, I also know that bad publicity is harder to erase then a few good experiences with a company.

I think we live in a day and age where companies often feel like they are doing us a service for being there. That seems to be the prevaling attitude I've run into anyway. Yet, it is a well documented fact that people will pay more for a product or a service if the service is excellent. Look at Nordstrom's and some of the other big companies that charge through the roof for their merchandise. They get away with it because their service is great!

In fact, years ago I bought a suit for my ten year high school reunion at Nordstroms. Well, about five years after that I never wore the suit again and I wanted to see if Nordstroms was really as good as I've heard. So I took my suit back there and said I wanted to give it back to them. And would you believe that they actually bought my suit back from me, even though it was outdated and 5 years later, and I made about $80 off it? Yeah....now that's customer service!

No excuses, no problem, they just wanted to bless me as the customer. Unlike A Plus who could really careless if I'm their customer or not.

Do you have a bad or a good customer relations story you want to share? Please do...


1 Comments:

Blogger tim said...

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with A-Plus. I had a similar experience with a discount service that had outages lasting days (here is my brief story). My blog was taken down and my tickets requesting support were deleted without being answered. Best wishes as you look for a new service provider.

September 2, 2004 at 11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home