Monday, September 20, 2004

Jimmy Swaggart Puts Foot in Mouth Again

Contrary to what you might think, I really don't enjoy highlighting and exposing some of the scandals that happen in the Church. However, because I try to be fair, I just have to expose Jimmy Swaggart's totally uncalled for and inappropriate remarks he made recently on his program. (Hat Tip to Anonymous)
After viewing the remarks myself, all I can say is that some of the reporting I've read intentionally took Swaggart's comments out of context and highlighted only his statements about wanting to kill gays. I think if you're watching the clip with an open mind that you'll see a man who spoke without thinking and who clearly has no intention of killing gays. Swaggart put his foot in his mouth and obviously forgot that he was being watched by people who will do anything they can to take him down and build a mountain out of a mole hill.
Let me be clear and say that I think what he said was stupid. He was wrong, and shouldn't have said it. But any clearheaded person knows Swaggart isn't going to kill gays. Especially after stating that he has nothing against the "poor homosexual".
To see what the controversy is all about, visit this link and scroll to about 36 minutes.
See what the biased Gay News Website says about Swaggart.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

September 20, 2004 at 4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, why does it even matter to you who marries whom?

You have said that sex between homosexuals is 'unnatural'. Why? Because they are having sex only for pleasure and not for pro-creation? Do you and your husband have sex only for procreation, or sometimes just for pleasure? (You have said that you have been married for 12 years and have no children, so assuming you have sex at all, it must be the latter) How is that any different?

September 20, 2004 at 4:51 PM  
Blogger lloydletta said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

September 20, 2004 at 7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

September 20, 2004 at 11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually Sullivans comments were taken out of context, he only added the thing about the homosexuals at the end, when in reality it should've been where the elipsis was. But I didn't post it because I figured my readers were smart enough to know that :)

September 21, 2004 at 10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To answer another question - I don't think anyone should tell anyone that they would kill them.

And I honestly can't believe that you think that I'm not fair considering I've exposed what's been happening with TBN and Swaggart.

September 21, 2004 at 10:50 AM  
Blogger CALScott said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

September 21, 2004 at 11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, now I really want to know what CALscott said...

September 21, 2004 at 2:45 PM  
Blogger CALScott said...

I simply asked what James Dobson takes in a year personally from his fundraising activities.

Obviously that is a touchy subject among former FOTF employees.

September 22, 2004 at 12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, there are alot of touchy subjects here, apparently. My first comment on this post was deleted, too. I used no foul language or anything like that, only made valid points.

I guess that's why my comment is now off in the ether...

September 22, 2004 at 4:18 AM  
Blogger lloydletta said...

Stacy, did you used to work for Focus on the Family?

What do you think about Focus marketting that tape of serial killer Son of Sam?..... The families of his victims are furious.

Swaggart did appologise for his remarks.....

I'm curious whether you've heard of Bob Enyart. He does a radio show - and has written an article about Coming out of the closet as Homophobic.

September 22, 2004 at 11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, I used to work for FOTF. I don't follow them much anymore so I'm not familar with the things you mention.

September 23, 2004 at 7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home