Thursday, September 09, 2004

Answering Larry

Before we answer Larry's comments from the previous thread, I want to remind you that I'm having a contest. See the Details.

The culture of death comments: When I stated we live in a culture of death, it was in the context of the fact that abortion is murder. However, Larry took it to the extreme and that's okay.

He stated, "My point was, once we get all of these unwanted, uncared for babies in the world, what kind of an example is it to show these children that totally unjustified, illegal attacks on countries is no problem at all? (I know your response is that we don’t have to ‘bow’ to international law, but that is ignorant and conceited. Not only did George Bush not ‘bow’ to international law, he didn’t even conform to US law which states that only Congress can declare war.) This is just feeding into (nee, CREATING) the cycle of violence. "

The real issue isn't that these aborted babies are not unwanted or uncared for. The real issue is that the mothers who find themselves with an unexpected pregnancy are scared, feel alone, and don't believe they have any other choice. One out of four women who take the name of Christ, have sadly had abortions. And today about 4000 women will make the tragic mistake of killing their babies, even though they know it is a baby.

The real problem is that these women, in some cases, either don't have the right information. Or they really don't want to take personal responsiblity for their choices. And the truth is that our society encourages death. Sad isn't it?

As for Larry calling me conceited - nice huh? I guess that's what happens when you really can't defend an argument.

Larry writes, "Your argument comparing rape to unsatisfying sex, saying that the end result is the same, is disgusting. Claiming your argument is based on logic is preposterous."

Larry didn't apparently understand what I wrote. The issue is how the baby was conceived. Some babies, very few in fact, under 1% are conceived through rape. And many others, are conceived with unsatisfied sex. Those are the facts but did you all notice how Larry switched the issue and made it about rape ...

See if you actually look at the issue which is HOW the baby is conceived, you can't deny that babies are conceived through many sexual practices. And it kills the argument that you should have an abortion if the woman was raped.

Now, rape is a totally different issue, and is something I would never wish upon anyone.

Larry writes, "Aside from your school yard level ‘argument’, we have to face the facts on this one. A fetus is not a baby. They are different things, that’s why there are different words for them. The basis of our disagreement is that you see them as the same thing and I don’t. A cell that has divided a few times is not worth getting all sentimental about."

School yard level argument...:) Larry, you're right about our disagreement. I believe correctly, that a "fetus" is a baby and worthy of life. You believe that the way you started to develop and form in life wasn't the basis of who you are now. Interesting.

So do you think that a baby who is being delivered and having scissors stuck in his neck and then having his brains sucked out is just a few cells that are divided - if so, THAT is foolish.

You and I both began as those cells and fortunately our mothers were pro-life. And the fact is that those cells are human cells and will never grow or develop into anything else than a human being.

And yes I love meat. Especially beef. In fact, I had some ribs the other night for dinner.

Human life is more valuable then animals. However, sadly, Larry, you obviously think that a lowly animal form is worth more than an innocent baby. Sad.









7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, my mother is pro-choice.

Don't worry, you are not the only one I called conceited. Anyone who believes that the US does not have to 'bow' to international (and internal) law is conceited. What argument couldn't I back up?

Yes, I value all life, not just human life. Why should human life be more valuable?

Deeper than any of the issues is the fact that we live in a country where our differences of opinion are accepted and encouraged. I'm not going to change your mind, and you are not going to change mine.

I have my opinions and you have yours. As much as I may disagree with what you have to say, I'm glad that we have the opportunity to express ourselves in any way we please. I'm glad the government is not telling us what to do-- what women can do with their own bodies, and what we can or can't say.

So, here's to you Stacy, and here's to the USA.

Larry

September 9, 2004 at 11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Larry, we agree on your last points.

I have a question though, are you glad that your mother chose to have you born? Or would you have wished you had been aborted?

September 9, 2004 at 11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, but that's kind of a silly question, don't you think? I wouldn't have known if I had been aborted, so I can't answer that. I am content being who I am now, if that's what you're looking for.

Larry

September 9, 2004 at 11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, Larry ...so you're glad you were born. Too bad all those babies you think should be murdered don't have that CHOICE. So much for being pro-choice for them.

September 9, 2004 at 12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha. I knew you were trying to get me into that position so that you could spring that line on me.

But it didn't work-- I'm still pro-choice. Nice try. ;)

I was trying to call a truce... (until the next divisive topic!)

Larry

September 9, 2004 at 1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, Larry. Let's just face it, we both are totally cool and individuated enough to have our own opinions.

Now on to the next issue!

September 9, 2004 at 8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed!

Larry

September 10, 2004 at 2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home