Tuesday, August 24, 2004

TV Journalist Jane Pauley Reveals She Was Treated For Bipolar Disorder In Her New Memoir

Have you seen this story? I saw this a few days ago and have been thinking about it for a few days now. I think it's wonderful that Jane is taking her victory in conquering this mood disorder and using it for the good. I think if we knew all the people who suffer from this disorder - especially those in talk radio and the media, we'd be surprised. Check it out.

TV Journalist Jane Pauley Reveals She Was Treated For Bipolar Disorder

August 20, 2004NEW YORK (AP) -- Jane Pauley, whose highly anticipated syndicated talk show debuts in the United States this month, reveals she was treated for bipolar disorder in her new memoir, "Skywriting: A Life Out of the Blue."Pauley writes openly about the life-changing experience excerpted in the latest People magazine, saying it was triggered by a rare reaction to prescription drugs prescribed for a simple case of hives.

"If you didn't know me well, you might not have noticed anything strange; I was strange only for me," the former co-anchor of "Today" and "Dateline NBC" writes. "I knew I wasn't well, but I didn't seem to be at a serious risk for more than some turbulence, though my doctors alluded to the possibility of a crash landing."Finish reading

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home