Thursday, August 19, 2004

It's hard being me....

Earlier I posted a rant about something I heard today on Janet Parshall's show, if you read it, I hope it didn't offend you too much. If you didn't, then I'm glad because I got a very kind email from someone reminding me that I'm capable of so much more than spewing stuff. I'll leave it at that.

But if you're like me, then I bet you have days when it's hard being you. You feel misunderstood, devalued, unappreciated, hated, unloved, and worthless. Ever have those days? Yeah, me too.

The question is what do you do when you feel that way. How do you handle your feelings. Do you read classics like Mind Over Mood and participate in self cognitive therapy? Or do you throw a pity party....or do you turn to God and let Him take care of you?

Personally, God is usually my last choice. Probably hard for some of you to believe, but it's true. God is Spirit, and He's perfect and sometimes the last person you want to talk to is someone perfect. It's more fun to hang with those who will be down just like you! :)

However, the problem is that just isn't biblical. Complaining is actually forbidden in Scripture! And in it's place we are told to be THANKFUL. Yeah...hard to do when you feel like gum on the bottom of someone's shoe.

But, as I've thought about it for a little while now, I am thankful. I'm thankful for many things, including pain. For without pain, I wouldn't know health. I wouldn't know healing. I wouldn't know my need. Pain really is a gift. Look at Joni Eareckson Tada - she's a great example of someone who has learned to be thankful in the midst of pain. Maybe I'll go listen to one of her inspirational radio shows.

Why don't you join me. And thanks for listening. Listen to Joni now

Oh, and thanks Randy. I'm glad you're my brother in the faith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home