Tuesday, August 03, 2004

If you were a letter would you be good news or junk mail?

Paul wrote to the Corinthian church in 2Corinthians 3:2-3,

"You are our letter, written in our hearts, known and read by all men; being manifested that you are a letter of Christ, cared for by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone, but on tablets of human hearts."

As I read that this morning I started to wonder what type of letter I would be if I were actually stuffed into an envelope and mailed to someone. Would they look at the envelope and see my name and go, "Augh...it's Stacy....what does she want now?" or would they go, "Cool, it's Stacy, she's so cool, always encouraging, sweet, loving, kind, inspirational and I can't wait to read this!."

Since we are often the last to know how we really come across to others, my hope is that we as Christians, most often come across as kind, truthful and loving people. After all, this is what we are commanded to do.

And I would hope that if I was stuffed into a really big envelope and someone was going to open me up and read me, that they would want to read me over and over and over again. When you think about it, that's what makes the classics so great. That is also what makes reading the Bible so great - it's an awesome LOVE letter to us from God, our Creator.

So today, as you think about who you are in Christ, I want to encourage you to ask yourself this question - "If I were a letter, would I be good news or junk mail?"

I pray that I'm someone you will read over and over again, because of Christ who lives in me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home