Saturday, August 07, 2004

Coming up on 12

I was just thinking today about how good life is. I am extremely happily married to my wonderful husband of almost 12 years!

Our 12th anniversary is next Sunday and I can't wait. Why? Because it's always so fun to just celebrate these milestones in ones relationship.

My husband is the best. He's extremely great looking....he's got great hair, and calming blue eyes. He's a sweet, gentle and meek man. He's extremely intelligent, and knowledgable about just about everything having to do with computers, music and as he says, "useless" knowledge. He's a human brain!

But most of all, he's a God fearing man. He loves and serves Jesus Christ. He's sensitive to the Lord's voice and He's always challenging me Scripturally. He is truly amazing to be married to.

Even on his days when the sky is gray, he's got a great attitude.

I wish everyone who was married could experience the love, peace, joy and commitment that we've shared.

Our marriage hasn't always been easy, but then again, nothing working for is. Marriage is a commitment, not based on feelings, but on fact and faith. It takes hard work. It takes tears and laughter and most importantly it takes not hardening your heart towards the other.

When it's done right, marriage is also the greatest reflection of Christ and His Church.

This is one reason why I decided to pursue a Master's Degree in Clinical Psychology. I know there is hope. I know there is healing. I know there is restoration. I know there is reconcilation. How do I know, well, next Sunday is my 12th anniversary.

Thank YOU Lord Jesus for that awesome gift!

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie Anne Fidler said...

Congrats, Stacy!
It's always wonderful to hear about a marriage that survived hard times and flourishes today! That IS a gift from God!

August 8, 2004 at 8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats and may the Lord of Hosts continue to shower you guys with His wisdom and blessings.

And I'm glad to see you're allowing the Anonymous comments now! I really didn't have any desire to set up a blogger account.

~Hal
The Great Separation.

August 8, 2004 at 12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Julie and Hal.

I didn't realize until recently about the anonymous thing, I'm glad I found it so people can post without signing up. :)

August 8, 2004 at 5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home